Disappointed With Headlights - No DRL?!

ahsoka_taco

Anyone else disappointed that we didn’t get an LED DRL on the 4G?

I’m considering popping the lense and putting in the Morimoto switchback flexible led to get the sequential turn signal and amber drl. Should I do a brow, double brow, or the wrap around the 3G had? The light is set up for a pretty easy retro fit and, if you look there’s a platform to attach a led strip light to pretty easily. Just not sure if I want to mimic the 3G drl or try to go a different route, what do you think?

IMG_5080.png

Attachments

• IMG_5076.jpeg
    IMG_5076.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5081.png
    IMG_5081.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:
I vote 3G style. I'm sure someone will build a set like that. Would be dope to see you DIY it!

I vote 3G style. I'm sure someone will build a set like that. Would be dope to see you DIY it!
Yeah I’ll do a step by step when I pop these so others can follow suit if they chose to pry open a perfectly good headlight. I put an S1 into 3G headlights too, I think the turn signal bucket could house one on these headlights 🤔

Are these aftermarket headlights? Or did you just add bulbs?
They're just blinkers/indicators/flashers. When you use your turn signal they flash a very bright amber color. When not being used for those functions they light up white and look like headlights. They take literally 5 minutes to install, and that's not an exaggeration.

I thought there are DRLs - mine is a toned down/filtered headlight, when I have it set on Auto. Maybe to your point, would be cool if it were the surround type instead.

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back