Don’t pay over MSRP

G4Rico

I live in Arizona and I have talked to just about every dealership in the entire state. Only one or two seemed to be up to more shady markups. In my opinion it’s best to stay away from any dealerships that have markups on the off-road and under trims. I also would stay away from these ridiculous dealer “builds” where they put spacers, some bigger tires, and some wheels and charge a $6999 markup for something that costs 3k tops. They get away with too much. I got my off road with an upgrade package and $699 for tint. I did not pay for anything at all besides that.IMG_1901.jpeg

Well said. There are plenty of honest dealers out there, no need to overspend on an already expensive truck. Same goes for nonsense mods like dealer-installed lift kits.

The only dealer package I got was for all-weather floor mats, ceramic tint, and oil changes/tire rotations to 50,000 miles. They wanted $4k, but I talked them down to $1k, after doing the math for them.

I had to wait about a month for my TRD Sport Premium Package to come in, but the dealership had the distributor remove the dashcam, paint film, and cable kit at the port and saved me about $1k. I also objected to the bed step which was already installed at the port and they removed it from the MSRP. So, for all intents and purposes I was able to buy my truck for $455 below MSRP. They left the step on the truck when I picked it up.

I live in Arizona and I have talked to just about every dealership in the entire state. Only one or two seemed to be up to more shady markups. In my opinion it’s best to stay away from any dealerships that have markups on the off-road and under trims. I also would stay away from these ridiculous dealer “builds” where they put spacers, some bigger tires, and some wheels and charge a $6999 markup for something that costs 3k tops. They get away with too much. I got my off road with an upgrade package and $699 for tint. I did not pay for anything at all besides that.View attachment 39
Amen brotha. I did get my off road with the trd upgrade package at no cost as well as the sunroof. The only upgrade I paid for was the 14” screen

I did have to travel 100 miles (out of state) from home to get that price. All of the dealerships around me were asking as much as $3k over MSRP. When I reached out to my dealer, they did not have what I wanted in stock so they had to send a request to the distributor and then the unit was allocated to them. When I found out about all the add ons at the port I asked the dealership to get them removed. The only things I could not get removed was the predator steps and the bed step. Based on what I have been reading online, I think I did ok and they were fair with me regarding my trade (gave me KKB).

I just put my order in for a TRD Pro in Underground. The dealer put the order in and quoted me MSRP. I put 500$ down to hold it and that will go toward purchase. I’m wondering if they will try to tack things on, but the whole experience was really encouraging. They were very straightforward and said it could take as long as six months. I have been waiting my whole life to finally buy the truck I want. I’m 53, so another six months isn’t hurting me.

Ive been working with a local dealership to find me a 24' Off-Road underground with the premium package. How hard will it be to negotiate a price once they find one? (if they find one at all). I figured because they are so popular they will just tell me to kick rocks. Any advice/tips? Base MSRP is at 42.9k plus 8.8k for the premium package.

I live in Arizona and I have talked to just about every dealership in the entire state. Only one or two seemed to be up to more shady markups. In my opinion it’s best to stay away from any dealerships that have markups on the off-road and under trims. I also would stay away from these ridiculous dealer “builds” where they put spacers, some bigger tires, and some wheels and charge a $6999 markup for something that costs 3k tops. They get away with too much. I got my off road with an upgrade package and $699 for tint. I did not pay for anything at all besides that.View attachment 39

I am supposed to receive my new Toyota I-Force Max Hybrid in the July 5-July 20th window. So I think acc. to my dealer that they are going to slowly start coming out in July. I am paying MSRP for the TRD Off-Road model. It is fully loaded, so it will be pricey, but that is my choice. I let the dealer know up front that I would not pay a markup, and the deal is in writing with a deposit. Looking forward to it. I do not believe it will be the train wreck that folks who make their money of You Tube seem to think, but its my money, so I will accept the risk.

Recent

Anyone else they wish they could just have...
Anyone know of a locking gas cap that works on...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
Pictures of everything will be included below...
Hello! Just joined today after seeing the...
My wife and I went up to Marble Falls, TX to...

Featured

Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back