Thoughts on 14” Tacoma Screen?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
So my Tacoma came with the 14” infotainment screen. This is the same screen that’s in the new Tundra as well. For me, it’s perfect. You can clearly see maps, music, and also CarPlay works great. I do like how the smaller screen is kinda built into the dash a little more, however the 14” screen isn’t overly intrusive. Thoughts?

IMG_1263.jpegIMG_1267.jpegIMG_1266.jpeg

Jarring at first. It's larger than I was expecting, but I'd love to be able to watch movies and tv show on it (while parked). Perhaps I should get a cheap Android for this rather than mess with jailbreaking iPhones again.

I thought the screen was perhaps too large, but my wife said I'd get used to it, and I have. It's like when we all upgraded to massive LED TVs in our homes. Now anything under 65'' feels too small.

Now when I get into my commute car (Mazda 3 HB) its screen feels comically tiny to me. lol

Jarring at first. It's larger than I was expecting, but I'd love to be able to watch movies and tv show on it (while parked). Perhaps I should get a cheap Android for this rather than mess with jailbreaking iPhones again.

I thought the screen was perhaps too large, but my wife said I'd get used to it, and I have. It's like when we all upgraded to massive LED TVs in our homes. Now anything under 65'' feels too small.

Now when I get into my commute car (Mazda 3 HB) its screen feels comically tiny to me. lol
Hahaha completely agree with that

There is a device that plugs in to the usb on the side to allow access to Netflix etc to watch movies.

I love it. Put screen protector on it last week!

The screens also look very modular. So in the event it does need to be replaced, I wouldn’t think the whole dash would beed to come off like in those that are built in.

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back