What happened to the 3D printing accessory hype?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
Tacoma
2024 Trailhunter
When these trucks were first announced, there was a big hype around a secret website for Tacoma owners and it would have files for people with 3d printers to be able to make all sorts of stuff. What happened to that? The little tiny box on the drivers side is next to useless, and aside from that I havent seen anything spoken about it since. I do know the website exists, but it ended up being pretty lame.

I wanted to see alternative printed inserts for the JBL speaker, molle door accessories, Gopro mounts, and other cool stuff. Toyota seemed to have abandoned that whole concept. Anyone aware of whats going on with all of that?

Owning a 3d printer, I am also disappointed there has not been anything official put out by Toyota. Even some basic files such as maybe the shape of the JBL speaker recess would be awesome and make design/prototyping of things a lot easier.

We had a thread going on the Tacoma4g forums with several members posting some items that they had done, so there is some stuff out there.

We've been talking with MInWin3D. He said he could probably make something, but the issue is that he needs the speaker/trim piece to prototype. Would be expensive to buy them brand new. Maybe we could get someone to work with us and send them over temporarily? Just a thought. Probably the only real way to make this happen since he has a 3D printing business...

Recent

Does anyone have access to the installation...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
When these trucks were first announced, there...
There's no denying that the 4G Taco looks...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...
Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
Back