TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
Hey guys! I recently had an interview with Tacoma Chief Engineer Sheldon Brown which I will eventually be posting to my YouTube channel. In this interview I asked him about the issues we have heard about with several Tacomas having transmission issues, so I wanted to update you all.

Essentially for those Tacomas that had issues (which were very few) Toyota discovered that there was some debris that made its way into the trans during manufacturing resulting in hard shifts and some failures. He assured me that this process has already be corrected with the transmission supplier.

So hopefully nobody else has issues in the future!

Please post more info asap! Can’t wait to hear details. Been worried about this issue.

Hey guys! I recently had an interview with Tacoma Chief Engineer Sheldon Brown which I will eventually be posting to my YouTube channel. In this interview I asked him about the issues we have heard about with several Tacomas having transmission issues, so I wanted to update you all.

Essentially for those Tacomas that had issues (which were very few) Toyota discovered that there was some debris that made its way into the trans during manufacturing resulting in hard shifts and some failures. He assured me that this process has already be corrected with the transmission supplier.

So hopefully nobody else has issues in the future!
So is a tsb being issued soon? Or do we have to wait to break down in the middle of nowhere to know if our truck was one of the unlucky ones?

Recent

Can a set of wheels and tires from a 4gen...
Does anyone know of any Tonneau covers that...
Bro, did ya'll see this??? Ford just announced...
Well got my TrailHunter and Geo 2.5 Rooftop...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...
hello everyone! I have been the proud owner of...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Ever since picking up my Pro it seems as if...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Has anyone added fog lights to a 4th Gen SR...
Back