DIY Black Grille Emblem

G4Rico

The first and easiest mod I did on my truck was making my grille emblem black. I personally just really love the black emblem look. I looked at getting the Toyota part for it and considered my options but at the end of the day decided to try to pop it up and plasti dip it. Luckily this was pretty easy to do. That’s not always the case with grille emblems. I took my time with it but I put my fingers through the emblem and slowly popped one clasp at a time. By the time I popped the second one off it came off all together. 3 coats of plasti dip and it was done.

Attachments

• IMG_5888.jpeg
    IMG_5888.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_5892.jpeg
    IMG_5892.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Looks really good! I've been wanting to do the same! I was initially looking for just an overlay but looks like there isn't too much being made for these trucks quite yet. May just have to go the plastidip route (y)

Rave Off Road has them. You can use RICO5 as a discount code if you decide to go that route. Personally, it was super easy and looks really clean going plastidip route.
Looks really good! I've been wanting to do the same! I was initially looking for just an overlay but looks like there isn't too much being made for these trucks quite yet. May just have to go the plastidip route (y)

Aww sweet!! If I don't end up plasti-dipping it, then I'll go that route. I was going back and forth between doing black or a dark grey so if I do dark grey I'll have to plasti-dip it

The first and easiest mod I did on my truck was making my grille emblem black. I personally just really love the black emblem look. I looked at getting the Toyota part for it and considered my options but at the end of the day decided to try to pop it up and plasti dip it. Luckily this was pretty easy to do. That’s not always the case with grille emblems. I took my time with it but I put my fingers through the emblem and slowly popped one clasp at a time. By the time I popped the second one off it came off all together. 3 coats of plasti dip and it was done.
Thanks for the explanation. Guess I’ll give it a go!

Recent

Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
Looking forward to taking delivery of a TRD...
Picked up my truck couple weeks ago got a...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Back