Doing My First Oil Change - 1500, 5000 or 10K Miles?

808_black_taco

Reaction score
What’s up everyone..! Jus curious on when your s everyone doing their first oil change…I’m almost at 1k…I kno it says it’s like 10k but seeing if anyone is doing a break in oil change at like 1500 miles or 5K or waiting the full 10k..? Thanks in advance 🤙🏽

What’s up everyone..! Jus curious on when your s everyone doing their first oil change…I’m almost at 1k…I kno it says it’s like 10k but seeing if anyone is doing a break in oil change at like 1500 miles or 5K or waiting the full 10k..? Thanks in advance 🤙🏽

@Riley_monthule just put a writeup together for his first oil change: https://4gtaco.com/threads/2024-tacoma-oil-change-guide.151/

Here is what he said for the first oil change:

"Relevant: If you bought your truck new do the first change around 1k miles! Again Toyota says 5k but if you want this thing to last forever it's best to do the first change at 1k miles. Go to the motor oil geeks youtube and watch his videos on this. He goes in depth on why this is important and backs it up with real oil test evidence on multiple vehicles."

Seems like overkill but it's obvioulsy not going to hurt.

I’m following Toyota maintenance schedule and doing it at 10,000 miles.

I’m following Toyota maintenance schedule and doing it at 10,000 miles.
Important to remember oil change intervals are regulated by the EPA and center around the environment not what's best for your truck. The car care nut on youtube who was a Toyota tech for over a decade just posted a new video on how to take care of modern Toyotas and not only did he recommend a 1k first oil change but on the new turbo engines recommended 3-4k oil change intervals. This makes sense if you consider the heat involved in a turbo engine and the gas leak down on cold starts with direct injection.

Just updated my first oil change article with evidence, logic and links. In summary do your first oil change at 1k miles and every 3-4k miles after that. My article

Recent

I really like the RRW Wheels on the Bronze...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Back