Engine failure at 200 miles

BronzoTaco

Reaction score
Tacoma
2024 TRD Off Road
My 2 week old 2024 TRD OR with 200 miles on it suddenly started throwing numerous malfunction warning and long story short the engine seized due to some oil nipple near the oil cooler blew off and also blew off the oil filter. Engine lost all its oil and died. Truck at dealership since August 30th. I am currently working with Toyota Corp in an effort to be made whole again with a new truck. Time will only tell. I have the whole story on 2 other Tacoma forums. Hoping it's a 1 off freak thing but just adding on to the mounting mechanical issues Toyota is experiencing now.

It has to be an isolated incident but have read numerous reports of the dashboard warning messages flashing but none ending in my results. Toyota corp has been ok. They started out giving me false info regarding the process but kept pushing until I got the right rep on the phone. Lemon Law process started and they responded to me quickly but are pushing to have me accept the truck back after the local dealership rebuilds the engine. I told them I want to be bought out and made whole or give me a new truck. They will be back to me within 30 days but I think a Lemon Law attorney will do better than I would. Getting ready to make the second payment on a truck I drove 5 times and we have lost weeks of income.. so handing it off to them to fight for me. The dealership pretty much doesn't give a shit.

It has to be an isolated incident but have read numerous reports of the dashboard warning messages flashing but none ending in my results. Toyota corp has been ok. They started out giving me false info regarding the process but kept pushing until I got the right rep on the phone. Lemon Law process started and they responded to me quickly but are pushing to have me accept the truck back after the local dealership rebuilds the engine. I told them I want to be bought out and made whole or give me a new truck. They will be back to me within 30 days but I think a Lemon Law attorney will do better than I would. Getting ready to make the second payment on a truck I drove 5 times and we have lost weeks of income.. so handing it off to them to fight for me. The dealership pretty much doesn't give a shit.
sorry to hear that, but thats the way to go. Its funny how it works when you mention or start lemon law...people starting to move quickly

sorry to hear that, but thats the way to go. Its funny how it works when you mention or start lemon law...people starting to move quickly
Yeah.... once she knew I was going that route they acted quickly. I was surprised but glad. I need this bullshit over with. 52 days carless sucks! BTW.... Toyota offers rental reimbursement but heard if they pay for a rental they try to take that amount of days off of the days lost while in dealership so I didn't rent

• Wow
Reactions: sog

Recent

If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
I am getting ready to purchase a 2024 Tacoma...
My 2 week old 2024 TRD OR with 200 miles on it...
Does anyone have access to the installation...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
When these trucks were first announced, there...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
There's no denying that the 4G Taco looks...
Back