Garmin PowerSwitch and Hybrid

sog

Reaction score
Gents,
I got my TrailHunter and was wonder if anyone wired Garmin PowerSwitch to Hybrid yet? the battery under the seat is 380LN3-MF and its 70Ah Lead Acid, but the Garmin documentation says to install 125Amp Fuse. I dont think my setup will pull that much power. Anyway as i see there is 2 potential options:
1. Possibly upgrade 12V AUX battery to 100Ah and run the power cable from that battery to engine bay and wire up garmin powerswitch (i think it would be easier to connect accessories there)
2. Dont think this option is safe tbh. There is 12V cable that goes to fuse box, so im thinking wire up 125Amp fuse to that cable and then wire up garmin powerswitch.

As right now i got prisu roof rack coming with rigid 40" led (14.8Amp) planning to wire it to AUX1 (15Amp) should be fine, but i will test and monitor. The AUX2 (10Amp) will have 4-6 Side LED's from baja designs i think S2 and AUX3 (5 Amp) will be 4x rock lights also baja designs.

There is AUX4, but after pull switch panel i didnt see any extra connectors (i havent looked that hard though), but there is a "D" connector under the bed, which is rated for 20Amp (Manual https://assets.sia.toyota.com/publications/en/om-s/OM04042U/pdf/OM04042U.pdf). I also looked for a fuse for AUX4 but i didnt find anything. Anyway was thinking on adding Garmin PowerSwitch. My first option was to go with Redarc setup, but my calculations got me to $8000.

Attachments

• hybrid.jpeg
    hybrid.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a...
I recently had the chance to have both of...
Hi everyone, I’m enjoying the JBL subwoofer...
We should hopefully be getting 2025 Tacoma...
This trim seems to just be hitting dealers. I...
I take my 24 Taco off road a couple times a...
Gents, I got my TrailHunter and was wonder if...
For those who have a Trailhunter or who are...
After living with the TRD Pro Tacoma for a...
Back