Website
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
Tacoma
2024 Trailhunter
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to build a Tacoma since the launch of the 3rd gen in 2016. Seriously. I just wasn't able to make it happen until 2024, the stars aligned and the channel has grown into something I am proud of. I have been drawing up ideas for this build for 3-4 years, well before I new the "Trailhunter" existed. Yes, a lower trim would have worked fine for what I am doing, since lots of things will be modified over time. But Toyota produced an overland trim truck, and my channel focuses around that topic. And I also wanted some of the creature comforts, and I didn't want to pick from available trucks, that had some features I liked and other I didn't care for. The Trailhunter has it all, its resale value will remain high, and its just cool these were built in the first place.

This will absolutely be one of the coolest 4th gen builds you are going to see in the next few years. A lot of big changes are happening this winter, but for now I went a more traditional route so I could get out and enjoy the truck. So I will post from stock, to finish over time. All of this stuff will also be documented on the Independence Overland channel in further detail. So if you want more, check it out there.

This trip home from picking this truck up

DSC01049.JPEGDSC01016.JPEG

Reactions: BG
After getting this truck, I had already been in talks with Goose Gear, which is now only about an hour and a half away from me, to get this hybrid into their hands for prototyping of the seat delete. I don't want rear seats, that's a place for gear and my pup.

Next I needed a bed rack. And Kuat came through strong. This is a temporary solution, but I needed to use the truck to film with so an open bed was the only choice I had. The rack matches these new trucks angles and body lines extremely well. They are simply bad ass, well built, and very aesthetically pleasing.

On the first trip out in the truck I realized how wide this thing really is, and it turns out the paint scratches incredibly easy. I am hard on vehicles, and I hope to have this thing a long time. So PPF started to cross my mind. It turns out Finishline Auto Detailing in Grand Junction is across the street from Goose Gears new HQ. So I made a very expensive decision to have this truck mostly covered in PPF.

Also, the cabs of the hybrids especially need organization. So after meeting the guys from ONWRD Supply Co. at the Overland Expo PNW, I got those on the way.

Part of my justification is that, I am well aware of this being a first year of a new generation. If this thing has issues, in a few years I can confidently sell it with minimal paint damage and buy a newer model. Because even with a few issues (that I will get to later down the chain) I do really like this truck. And I will be making some large investments into it soon that will sort of lock me into this particular truck platform for quite some time. My Patrons know about that, but aside from that I am being pretty secretive about the end game of this truck for now.

hyperlinked videos to the bold font.

Image uploading on this computer is having issues. More coming..

Attachments

• IMG_0906.JPEG
    IMG_0906.JPEG
    436.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Nice man! Stoked to follow along with this one... Probably one of the more built 4Gs around now, and I imagine you have some rad plans for it long term.

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to...
Back