The Trailhunter springs, are not good enough for "overlanding".

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
Tacoma
2024 Trailhunter
I thought I would start this conversation. The suspesnion rides BEAUTIFULLY when its lightly loaded. But for a truck that was designed to be heavy and loaded down for adventures, the springs just don't do the trick.

Also, while Dobinson does now offer a heavier spring for the rear, I have concerns that the front will not have that option from ARB/OME. And with these trucks being so few and far between, its doubtful the after market will take the OME suspension on directly.

I have planned to run the factory suspension for quite some time, but with this certainly being an issue for my build, I may have to abandon ship on the Trailhunter suspension earlier than I wanted to. A front bumper, even a low profile unit with a winch will definitely rob lift out of the truck.

Has anyone heard anything different on different spring options on these trucks? Toyota should seriously offer these in the accessory program.

Yeah I imagine that the factory setup won't carry too much load. Although it's a bit counterintuitive to make a specific trim that can't handle the number one thing we all add.. weight! I think you're right on the ARB/OME thoughts, they usually take longer to R&D new products. And the trailhunter suspension is so specific, who knows when that will be a priority. You never know though, they might add new springs to expand on all the stuff they likely have planned already.

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to...
Back