5ft or 6ft bed? 2024 Tacoma

Reaction score
What bed option do you guys think is the best? I was personally going to go with the 6ft bed for a while so I could sleep out of the back but after realizing I didn't like how the new 6ft version of the taco looks and the consequences of a longer already long truck off road I went with the 5ft bed. Been very happy with it so far. This thing is already kinda big for my small town so happy I got the 5 ft there but honestly every time I've needed a longer bed which is not very often I just put down the tailgate and used a strap. For camping I just went with an rtt and that's been working great. Bed for storage and tent for sleeping two people and a dog. I hit my hitch and high center quite often off road too so I need a lift but damn would it be way worse with an extra foot of length. What do you guys think? Any 6ft guys out there? View attachment RIL02584.jpg

I got a 5-foot bed for many of the same reasons, plus I figured it would be more difficult to maneuver and park with the longer bed. Glad Toyota offers the option, though. I bet for some people it's a really useful feature!

Anyone know if Toyota plans to start selling the TRD off road with a double cab long bed trim? Seems to be the trailhunter only at this point.

I've been searching for an Off Road with 6 foot bed and premium package for over 3 months! Very hard to find. Finally found one in Nashville and heading out on a road trip tomorrow to pick it up. I want the extra bed space plus I think it makes the truck look proportional.

I've been searching for an Off Road with 6 foot bed and premium package for over 3 months! Very hard to find. Finally found one in Nashville and heading out on a road trip tomorrow to pick it up. I want the extra bed space plus I think it makes the truck look proportional.
Yupp mine was very hard to find. Flew up to Boise then did a 10 hour roadtrip back after buying it. The new adaptive cruise made it a breeze though. Good luck!!

I think it depends on how you want to use your truck. Long bed has crazy long wheelbase, worse breakover, etc. I do like the extra storage in a bigger bed... but on the trail, especially in tougher areas and fully loaded, I have seen it become a problem. But again, depends on each individual.

That's true Rusty. I don't plan on any hard core off roading in mine, maybe an occasional back road trip to mountain bike or run my RC crawlers. Of all the trucks I've had I never had one with the fancy package and cool stuff. Since I've retired this is my treat to me. Have always had my eye on one. That said, I do love checking out everyone's overlander tacos!

Recent

Ever since picking up my Pro it seems as if...
hello everyone! I have been the proud owner of...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Has anyone added fog lights to a 4th Gen SR...
Daniel over on Facebook has been fitting some...
Pictures of everything will be included below...
If you’re not a fan of the large stock exhaust...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
I just had a TRD Pro Tacoma for the last week...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
Hey guys! I recently had an interview with...
Back