CV Boot Issue

SDjefe13

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has noticed or heard of this issue. I got my TRD Off-Road on June 1st. I went to my suspension shop on 6/14 to get the Westcott pre-load collar installed. My mechanic called me back to his shop 30 mins later to show me that the passenger side CV Boot had failed and the truck was flinging grease everywhere.

I took it to my closest dealer here in San Diego and they agreed the boot had failed. They ordered the part and said it would be in within 2 days. The 2nd date push moved the ETA to 6/25, the 3rd date push was to 7/03, and the 4th date push moved the ETA to 7/15. As of today 7/16, the service department told me now Toyota has told them the CV Boot Kit would arrive sometime in December of 2024.

Has anyone else heard of this issue coming up?

Had the same issue on my trd off road got it on 5/16. drivers side though. only took about a week. there was a small pin hole leaking grease everywhere.

Had the same issue on my trd off road got it on 5/16. drivers side though. only took about a week. there was a small pin hole leaking grease everywhere.
Thanks for confirming I'm not alone in this one. I wouldn't think this part should have such a long lead time but who knows as they ramp up production.

The exact same thing happened to me except I was having the rough country kit installed. The dealer replaced the boot clamp hoping that was the problem but it wasn’t. They have one on order.

Attachments

• Resized_20240719_112230.jpeg
    Resized_20240719_112230.jpeg
    479.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 5
Just curious if anyone else has noticed or heard of this issue. I got my TRD Off-Road on June 1st. I went to my suspension shop on 6/14 to get the Westcott pre-load collar installed. My mechanic called me back to his shop 30 mins later to show me that the passenger side CV Boot had failed and the truck was flinging grease everywhere.

I took it to my closest dealer here in San Diego and they agreed the boot had failed. They ordered the part and said it would be in within 2 days. The 2nd date push moved the ETA to 6/25, the 3rd date push was to 7/03, and the 4th date push moved the ETA to 7/15. As of today 7/16, the service department told me now Toyota has told them the CV Boot Kit would arrive sometime in December of 2024.

Has anyone else heard of this issue coming up?
Has Toyota offered any restitution for you?

Recent

I wanted to put together a thread of the top...
Received my 24 Tacoma Limited Hybrid about 3...
I have a new set in original box of Toyota...
Hey everyone, I wanted to discuss how...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
SCRAPES, DENTS, AND DINGS OH MY! One of my...
I'll have a more detailed thread post coming...
The new Tacoma TRD Pro finally comes stock...
Anyone with a manual experience REALLY bad REV...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Back