Fog light moisture and Squeak during start up

edwinc43

Reaction score
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog light replaced due to moisture and to check on a squeak that only happens when cold but when A/C is on. 1000041460.jpg

I think my TRD Sport has started the A/C squeak that you have mentioned. Only when starting the truck...almost sounds like a bird chirpping?

I think my TRD Sport has started the A/C squeak that you have mentioned. Only when starting the truck...almost sounds like a bird chirpping?
Yes exactly like that so it's the clutch making the noise, clutch is not available the compressor will be replaced on mine which at the moment is on backorder

Crap mines has been doing it too…only on cold starts when I turn the ac on it will chirp..I think even when I remote start it…you guys think I should get it looked at..?

Crap mines has been doing it too…only on cold starts when I turn the ac on it will chirp..I think even when I remote start it…you guys think I should get it looked at..?
I was hoping it was just part of the break in process. I haven’t had mine looked at yet…how many miles are you at?

We thought the same, however once we had it in the air and used the hear scope it was really quick to determine it was the a/c compressor
Did you notice an engine shudder when the AC compressor would kick on and off, in addition to the squeak? That’s what mine is doing. Start after 700 miles…

Did you notice an engine shudder when the AC compressor would kick on and off, in addition to the squeak? That’s what mine is doing. Start after 700 miles…
Not on my end however some engine behavior could be normal that if mine maybe do it I may not pay attention to.

Mines does that…like I can feel my truck shake when the compressor goes on and off

Recent

Does anyone have access to the installation...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
When these trucks were first announced, there...
There's no denying that the 4G Taco looks...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...
Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
Back