Star-link

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wanted to discuss how Starlink, SpaceX's satellite internet service, could greatly benefit us 4G Toyota Tacoma owners by providing reliable, high-speed internet even in remote areas.

Here are a few benefits of using Starlink with our Tacomas:

Reliable Connectivity Anywhere: With Starlink’s global coverage, you can enjoy reliable internet even in remote locations where traditional cell service might be spotty or non-existent.

Enhanced Navigation and Communication: Staying connected means better access to navigation tools and communication apps, making it easier to plan routes, stay in touch with others, or get real-time updates on your travels.

Entertainment on the Go: Long road trips or camping adventures become more enjoyable with access to streaming services, online gaming, or staying updated with the latest news and social media.

Remote Work and Learning: For those who work remotely or have kids who need to keep up with schoolwork, Starlink provides a robust internet connection no matter where you are.

Improved Safety: Having a reliable internet connection can be crucial for safety, providing access to emergency services, weather updates, and location sharing if needed.

View attachment IMG_9183.jpeg

Starlink is epic. I have used one on a few occasions. Great service and the signal carries for a good distance from where it's mounted. Have you gotten one yourself? I just wish it was a little cheaper on the monthly service side.

Hey everyone,

I wanted to discuss how Starlink, SpaceX's satellite internet service, could greatly benefit us 4G Toyota Tacoma owners by providing reliable, high-speed internet even in remote areas.

I just ordered a Starlink last week. Curious to see how easy it is to start and stop monthly service. I only plan on using it a couple times a year so hoping its easy to turn on for a month and then turn off for the majority of the year. Also, share some pics when you get that thing mounted.

I just ordered a Starlink last week. Curious to see how easy it is to start and stop monthly service. I only plan on using it a couple times a year so hoping its easy to turn on for a month and then turn off for the majority of the year. Also, share some pics when you get that thing mounted.

I have about 12 of them at work (I work in IT for a commercial/education general contractor). Managing them is real easy. When you order the kit, you'll put in your home address for initial set up, then you can stop the subscription on the fly. Just a note that I struggled with on my first SL.. whatever address you use for service is a physical address you need to be at when you initialize your device whenever you start your service (including after resubscribing). After that, you can go wherever you want with no issues. You'll have the ability to use the app (which is what they prefer) or the website, but both can do the same.

Recent

Ever since picking up my Pro it seems as if...
hello everyone! I have been the proud owner of...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Has anyone added fog lights to a 4th Gen SR...
Daniel over on Facebook has been fitting some...
Pictures of everything will be included below...
If you’re not a fan of the large stock exhaust...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
I just had a TRD Pro Tacoma for the last week...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
Hey guys! I recently had an interview with...
Back