Tonneau Cover Recommendations?

G4Rico

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any Tonneau covers that are available/shipping? In general does anyone have any recommendations?

I looked at Diamondback but honestly they don’t look the best IMO. I was looking at Peragon as well. Might just go with BAKFlip if I don’t go with Peragon. I eventually might add some Billie Bars if I get a rooftop tent so if anyone has used those as well let me know!

Real Truck is usually pretty good about getting new models out. Check out their site. They own several of the major brands like BAKFlip, Gator, etc.

Update on this thread. The AL3 Pro is a fantastic option

Attachments

• IMG_9801.jpeg
    IMG_9801.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 98D9E9BD-4900-4F80-B4E9-11F974D42BF7.jpeg
    98D9E9BD-4900-4F80-B4E9-11F974D42BF7.jpeg
    963.8 KB · Views: 19
The Truxedo Truxport is a soft, roll-up tonneau cover for around $350. It was easy to install myself in under an hour, waterproof, and secure. Mind you, it’s security is more in the form of “out of sight” security. I’ve had a hard cover on a previous truck and it was a pain to remove each time I wanted to use the full capacity of the bed. This one is very versatile and good looking. It has a unique, spring loaded engineering so the vinyl always stays taught.

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpeg
    IMG_1864.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1865.jpeg
    IMG_1865.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I have purchased the Diamondback Switchback and really like it. It is guaranteed for life and it is waterproof. I have run mine through the car wash twice and it stayed dry. I get compliments for it all the time. I have the 2024 TRD Sport 4WD Premium Package with the short bed.

Attachments

• IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 20
I went for the diamondback hd and it has not disappointed. Spendy without a doubt but I won’t have to buy another cover unless I go a different direction. But I know up top bed racks also have a diamondback attachment that bolts directly to the cleats.

Attachments

• IMG_9988.jpeg
    IMG_9988.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9977.jpeg
    IMG_9977.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
Truxedo Pro X15 low profile soft roll up. If you want to go in this direction I definitely recommend this product

Attachments

• IMG_3984.jpeg
    IMG_3984.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4045.jpeg
    IMG_4045.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4047.jpeg
    IMG_4047.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 4
Truxedo Pro X15 low profile soft roll up. If you want to go in this direction I definitely recommend this product
I looked at the low profile as an option too, but didn’t like how much it eats into the bed space.

Does anyone know of any Tonneau covers that are available/shipping? In general does anyone have any recommendations?

I looked at Diamondback but honestly they don’t look the best IMO. I was looking at Peragon as well. Might just go with BAKFlip if I don’t go with Peragon. I eventually might add some Billie Bars if I get a rooftop tent so if anyone has used those as well let me know!
Just installed the Bak MX4 and I don’t like it. There is a big gap by the tailgate and it doesn’t fit great. The OEM options looks like a better choice.

Just installed the Bak MX4 and I don’t like it. There is a big gap by the tailgate and it doesn’t fit great. The OEM options looks like a better choice.

I have owned a Bakflip and an Undercover cover, and they both leaked. If you do not mind the water, there are a lot of options out there. I needed something waterproof and bought a Switchback Diamondback. The Switchback does not have all of the cleats on it and in the smooth finish does not look bad at all in person. I have received multiple compliments about it when fueling up. It is pricey, but they are water tight. I have run mine through the car wash multiple times and never got a drop in. My wife uses the vehicle from time to time to buy groceries, and she would not be happy with a wet bed. Hope this helps.

I have purchased the Diamondback Switchback and really like it. It is guaranteed for life and it is waterproof. I have run mine through the car wash twice and it stayed dry. I get compliments for it all the time. I have the 2024 TRD Sport 4WD Premium Package with the short bed.
I may get one too. How do you think it compares to the Lomax?

I do not know anything about the Lomax cover. I am still very happy with my Diamondback. My biggest concern was whether it would leak and I have now run mine through the car wash multiple times and we even had a hurricane pass through this area last week and I did not get a drop of water in the bed.

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a...
I recently had the chance to have both of...
Hi everyone, I’m enjoying the JBL subwoofer...
We should hopefully be getting 2025 Tacoma...
This trim seems to just be hitting dealers. I...
I take my 24 Taco off road a couple times a...
Gents, I got my TrailHunter and was wonder if...
For those who have a Trailhunter or who are...
After living with the TRD Pro Tacoma for a...
Back