TRD Pro ISO Dynamic Seats Optional In Future?

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
So I just had a Tacoma TRD Pro for a week and I wish that the ISO Dynamic seats were optional versus being standard. As much as it kills me to say this because I know how much Chief Engineer Sheldon Brown loves these, the ISO Dynamic Seats need to be an option. In my interview with him, he did say that they are listening to consumers on if they should maybe make them optional in the future vs standard.

There are just too many cons of these seats when you try to drive a TRD Pro Tacoma as a daily. These seats make for virtually no rear seat space for rear passengers. The seats are extremely bolstered, so if you are a huskier individual, you may not like them at all. Another con is that they recline with a manual lever rather than automatically. I know, first-world problems. There is also a fixed headrest rather than an adjustable one.

2024 Tacoma TRD Pro rear seat space.jpg
These seats, however, truly are amazing off-road, but let's be honest, the majority of this truck's life will be spent on asphalt. Because of that, I really think that Toyota needs to make these seats an option for the future, rather than making them standard on the Pro model. I know the buyer's group for this truck is niche, however, I do feel that a majority of the buyers will have the same gripes I did.

I agree. Such a unique design for specialized conditions, would be better as an option.

I also agree. Seems like you could knock 2-3 grand off the price without them...

Recent

Ever since picking up my Pro it seems as if...
hello everyone! I have been the proud owner of...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Has anyone added fog lights to a 4th Gen SR...
Daniel over on Facebook has been fitting some...
Pictures of everything will be included below...
If you’re not a fan of the large stock exhaust...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
I just had a TRD Pro Tacoma for the last week...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
Hey guys! I recently had an interview with...
Back