Badge Removal - TRD Pro hood emblems

Voodoo452

Reaction score
Has anyone removed any of the TRD Pro badging from the hood yet?

I am wondering if held on with just double-sided adhesive or if there are pins below the badging on the hood.

I have not, but previously all my other Toyotas were just held on with the exterior double sided tape. It stands to reason the same thing is happening on these newer ones. Otherwise, think about it, Toyota would have to build a different door with holes at the factory. I doubt they are drilling after the fact or something. You don't like the badging? I thought it looked pretty decent!

I have not, but previously all my other Toyotas were just held on with the exterior double sided tape. It stands to reason the same thing is happening on these newer ones. Otherwise, think about it, Toyota would have to build a different door with holes at the factory. I doubt they are drilling after the fact or something. You don't like the badging? I thought it looked pretty decent!

Thanks, I just think some of it is over the top.. with TRD/TRD Pro plastered everywhere on the vehicle. Plus it would make washing/detailing it easier.

Thanks, I just think some of it is over the top.. with TRD/TRD Pro plastered everywhere on the vehicle. Plus it would make washing/detailing it easier.

If you heat the letters with a heat gun, the adhesive on the backside will slowly loosen. Then, take some fishing line and run it down the backside of the emblems to pull them off. Repeat until the emblem is off. Then you can peel off all the adhesive with your fingers until there is only residue left. Then use some brake cleaner or carb clean (BE CAREFUL and FAST). Spray it on a microfiber towel, not the paint directly, and quickly wipe off the residue

The brake cleaner was a trick I learned from a detailer who uses it to get thick road grime off paint. It works super well, but you're definitely not supposed to spray it directly on paint or leave it on very long. You're really not supposed to use it on paint at all but it does work incredibly well. Do it at your own risk. lol. That said, I've never had any problems with this method.

Wrote a post on this a while ago here: https://trailbronco.com/6th-gen-mod...nco-tailgate-step-by-step-application-review/

I've never removed one from the hood though. Not sure if its held on by adhesive or bolted to the hood. That's a pretty big badge. You check under the hood yet?

I hear you. I do like to debadge my Toyotas. I usually pull all the decals and emblems off that are on the body. Might not feel the same about a Pro, but I haven't run into that issue haha.

I've never removed one from the hood though. Not sure if its held on by adhesive or bolted to the hood. That's a pretty big badge. You check under the hood yet?
I did, unfortunately, it's enclosed where the badge is mounted. Cant tell if pinned or not.

Recent

If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
I am getting ready to purchase a 2024 Tacoma...
My 2 week old 2024 TRD OR with 200 miles on it...
Does anyone have access to the installation...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
When these trucks were first announced, there...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
There's no denying that the 4G Taco looks...
Back