Howl Sound After Removing Chin Spoiler??

CurryBob

Reaction score
Tacoma
2024 Tacoma Limited Hybrid
Day one I knew that huge chin spoiler had to come off. A breeze to do and looks way better now. There was one issue, I did notice afterwards and that is a sound I would get from 30 mph and up. A howl sound and was just loud enough to bother me. I did find a video that explained where it was coming from and how to get rid of it. Worked perfect and now, no more sound. Thought I would share it here in case anyone was following the same path.

Attachments

• 20240816_132840.jpg
    20240816_132840.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Super helpful tip. Now if the guy in the video could just leave a link to it. For anyone looking for it, I'll save you the trouble.

Part number: Toyota 90950-A1021 PLUG, HOLE (https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/toyota~plug~hole~90950-a1021.html)

On the 3rd Gen Tacoma, the holes on the bottom are 9/16 and the holes on top of the LCA are 3/4. You can find bags of these on Amazon for much cheaper than going through Toyota.

This will be one of my first "mods" lol. Good to know!

Cool 3D Print files for anyone looking to print them.

"For 2024 Tacoma owners who removed the front air dam. Install these plugs in the lower control arm holes to prevent whistling noise while driving. Modeled based off OEM part. Locking arms create snug fit, but may require moderate force to install. Print individually or at slower speed to prevent defects. Use PETG or ABS for best durability. PLA acceptable for normal use."

2024 Tacoma Air Dam Control Arm Plugs: https://makerworld.com/en/models/657414#profileId-584535

You can save a little bit of money by ordering them online from the dealership. I however was annoyed by the sound, and spent just over $3 for each of them, 8 in total. Well worth it, they easily snapped in.

You can save a little bit of money by ordering them online from the dealership. I however was annoyed by the sound, and spent just over $3 for each of them, 8 in total. Well worth it, they easily snapped in.
Got all 8 of mine plus 2 extra for $8 on Amazon. Fit perfectly

Attachments

• 20241014_203718.jpg
    20241014_203718.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3
Surprisingly the OEM ones are not rubber, but hard plastic. They have a tab on them that makes them snap in place. But those on Amazon are definitely cheaper in price!
They fit very snuggle and are rubber. Didn't snap in but had a seat feel to it when inserted all the way. Won't be coming out without some effort.
20240826_154803.jpg

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to...
Back