TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YouTube
Visit YouTube
IG Page
Visit Instagram
After living with the TRD Pro Tacoma for a week and also owning my Land Cruiser for about 4 months now, I am fully convinced on the hybrid 2.4 iForce Max powertrain is amazing to drive. Again, don’t get me wrong, time will tell with reliability, but this powertrain just really packs and punch and it gets decent gas mileage. The normal 2.4L in my Tacoma has been great thus far but I think that with my next truck, it would be nice to get some extra power.

Who else would go with the hybrid over the non hybrid?

just got a build date for my Bronze/Boulder Limited max

After living with the TRD Pro Tacoma for a week and also owning my Land Cruiser for about 4 months now, I am fully convinced on the hybrid 2.4 iForce Max powertrain is amazing to drive. Again, don’t get me wrong, time will tell with reliability, but this powertrain just really packs and punch and it gets decent gas mileage. The normal 2.4L in my Tacoma has been great thus far but I think that with my next truck, it would be nice to get some extra power.

I have the Trailhunter and I wish the High Intake was optional. The rack and intake defeat the purpose of having laminated glass. No roof rack and no high intake would make this truck so much better. I also wish Toyoa put the hydraulic bump stops from the Pro on the Trailhunter.

I'm getting close to buying mine. I think there's no way around it - need to get the hybrid. It's the biggest selling point right now...

I'm getting close to buying mine. I think there's no way around it - need to get the hybrid. It's the biggest selling point right now...
Hybrid is the way to go. I sell them. If you don't already have a person, hit me up.

Couple hundred miles from me. A bit farther than I wanted to go. Unless you got some kind of crazy deal that's worth the effort... Lol.

There is no effort. I get a truck you want, you buy it and drive it home. I'm sure you've driven longer for less Kool things like a Hybrid Taco.

Reactions: BG
There is no effort. I get a truck you want, you buy it and drive it home. I'm sure you've driven longer for less Kool things like a Hybrid Taco.

Lol. If the price is right, I wouldn't be opposed. By effort, I meant having to take one car there and two cars back lol. Sometimes easier said than done. I didn't see any hybrids in stock online in Grand Rapids though...

You might want to hold off. Picked up my Terra 2024 TRD Pro Tacoma in July and on Tuesday with a whopping 887 miles, I got three error codes and had it towed home, then to dealership the following day. Got the call saying my truck threw one of the codes from the TSB that required a new transmission & mine was the first PRO they saw to throw codes requiring a new computer (from Japan). No ETA for either as of yet. Wondering if selling my 2018 TRD Pro Calvary Blue MT was a mistake. That one gave me no issues the entire time I owned it! Trying to remain hopeful that Toyota will remedy the situation in a timely manner *fingers crossed*

You might want to hold off. Picked up my Terra 2024 TRD Pro Tacoma in July and on Tuesday with a whopping 887 miles, I got three error codes and had it towed home, then to dealership the following day. Got the call saying my truck threw one of the codes from the TSB that required a new transmission & mine was the first PRO they saw to throw codes requiring a new computer (from Japan). No ETA for either as of yet. Wondering if selling my 2018 TRD Pro Calvary Blue MT was a mistake. That one gave me no issues the entire time I owned it! Trying to remain hopeful that Toyota will remedy the situation in a timely manner *fingers crossed*
Yikes. It sounds like it may have been one of the first ones they built... Getting one in July is pretty early relatively speaking. Did they give you a rental in the meantime? Or you still driving the truck?

Arranging a loaner this week, the dealership didn't have any because they had a few Tacos in for new transmissions when I towed it. If not they will pick up tab on a rental, that's the least they can do!

Arranging a loaner this week, the dealership didn't have any because they had a few Tacos in for new transmissions when I towed it. If not they will pick up tab on a rental, that's the least they can do!
I sure hope they pay for the rental! I don't think that's asking much. The very new and expensive truck is broken, and you have to keep paying the monthly.

I have no doubt having the extra power from the hybrid is nice, but I’m still gonna wait a few years to see if they improve upon the hybrid powertrain. Specifically, to improve the gas mileage and maybe better placement of the batteries for the sake of having a little bit of storage.

I have no doubt having the extra power from the hybrid is nice, but I’m still gonna wait a few years to see if they improve upon the hybrid powertrain. Specifically, to improve the gas mileage and maybe better placement of the batteries for the sake of having a little bit of storage.
From what I understand, the tech they're using is pretty proven. This isn't their first hybrid platform. And I believe they use the most reliable tech, not necessarily the newest. Historically, until there is a new generation, there really won't be much of an MPG change, if any. I would think the battery location is pretty set in stone, considering they would have to redesign the system and create additional molds and part numbers. Can get costly and confusing.

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to...
Back