Problem with wheels/tire vibration

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Recently mounted my new wheels and tires and the local shop messed up. Wheel weights started falling off the second I got home. Had them redo it, happened again when I got home then drove a ways to have another shop do it. The second shop said they balanced perfectly but there's still a strong vibration when driving. I'm assuming since these aren't specific wheels to the 4g that there's a centering issue. I'm using lug nuts with a taper but no centering ring. Anyone have any advice on what I should do/solutions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Think I'm going to start by taking the wheels off and then putting them back on again. Then If the vibration changes I know it it's a mounting issue since nothing else changes. Then it's just a search to find how to fix it. Still figuring things out with the 4G haha.

Update!

Figured out this was just a defect with my wheel. Changed it out and it's as smooth as butter. If you're having a similar problem it's probably your lug nuts. Make sure you have lug nuts with a taper on them where it meets the wheel. This taper centers the wheel on the hub. Other than that it's probably a balancing issue.

Recent

I wanted to put together a thread of the top...
Received my 24 Tacoma Limited Hybrid about 3...
I have a new set in original box of Toyota...
Hey everyone, I wanted to discuss how...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
SCRAPES, DENTS, AND DINGS OH MY! One of my...
I'll have a more detailed thread post coming...
The new Tacoma TRD Pro finally comes stock...
Anyone with a manual experience REALLY bad REV...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Back