Putting 37s Onto My 2024 Toyota Tacoma

TRD JON

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure why you would do this long term, but I put 37" tires onto my Tacoma just for fun. The crazy thing is that with some minor trimming, minor lift, and the proper offset wheel, 37s will fit on this truck. I remember the 3rd gen Taco needing some trimming just to fit anything larger than 33s. I was unable to drive successfully around town, however I did make it out of my garage and into my neighborhood with just some minor rubbing. I did a quick 0-30mph rip and the truck accelerated decently well. Though the 37s looked sick, I ultimately decided to run 34s (285/75/17) on my Tacoma and it works perfectly! Check out my YouTube video on this here.

DFA907F0-0521-47F5-8307-BF3870142722.jpeg

Attachments

• 46A4F411-ABEE-4EDD-8F1C-2FCBD7DA9341.jpeg
    46A4F411-ABEE-4EDD-8F1C-2FCBD7DA9341.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn dude that's a good look. I would have stayed on those 37s. haha. Any shots of where it was rubbing and any insight on what it would take to fully clear them? I know someone was talking about removing the fender well plastics but I am curious to see where it was rubbing and how bad it was.

Damn dude that's a good look. I would have stayed on those 37s. haha. Any shots of where it was rubbing and any insight on what it would take to fully clear them? I know someone was talking about removing the fender well plastics but I am curious to see where it was rubbing and how bad it was.
So Toyota actually made it super simple to fit bigger tires. You can take of the wheel crash support to clear about 2 extra inches. I also took off my mud flaps as well. They new Tacoma also has a felt liner kinda like the Tundra, so you can easily trim that out if needed to clear larger tires. It's pretty wild how much room is in the front wheel well. I updated my original post to my YouTube video showing how I was able to fit them.

Last edited:
Has anyone really flexed these out? I'm talking about max compression at full lock, with offset wheels. How did it do then? If you know...

Copy that. Sounds like 35s will be pretty easy then. Any information on the tie-rods and steering rack yet? Size of steering rack and OD (outside diameter) of the tie-rods would be good to know. I am sure someone will be launching upgrades for everything soon but if the steering rack is the same or similar to the new 3rd Gen Tundra, that would be good to know. If you search "4th Gen Tacoma Steering Rack Size" nothing comes up on Google yet.

I'm not sure why you would do this long term, but I put 37" tires onto my Tacoma just for fun. The crazy thing is that with some minor trimming, minor lift, and the proper offset wheel, 37s will fit on this truck. I remember the 3rd gen Taco needing some trimming just to fit anything larger than 33s. I was unable to drive successfully around town, however I did make it out of my garage and into my neighborhood with just some minor rubbing. I did a quick 0-30mph rip and the truck accelerated decently well. Though the 37s looked sick, I ultimately decided to run 34s (285/75/17) on my Tacoma and it works perfectly! Check out my YouTube video on this here.
Dang... Now I really want one.

Dude this is soooo sick!!

Recent

Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
Looking forward to taking delivery of a TRD...
Picked up my truck couple weeks ago got a...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Back