TRD Pro & Trailhunter Owners - Why Did You Buy Your Specific Trim?

rustytaco

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So... those who decided to ball all the way out and get a Trailhunter or Pro. Why did you go that route? What made you decide on the premium trims? Any plans to modify after purchase?

I got TH coming, so ill start with easy ones
1. Looks nicer than the other trims and there is not that many options for upgrade just yet.
2. I trust FOX and EMU, dont really care about other brands. Having stock lift is perfect (maybe switch to high end shocks in the future)
3. Tech and Hybrid (dont care about people complain about Turbo charge etc)
4. Less work on upgrading small things in the truck, so ill rather focus on upgrade like Portals from 74Weld, and 35's or 37's tires.

my 2 cents

Just took delivery of my TH 2 days ago.
1. Love the way the bronze oxide TH looks, even with the sports bar (which is completely useless IMHO, going to replace it with a full rack at some point)
2. I don't have the time to modify my own Tacoma right now, nor do I want to pay someone to do it for me. Also there isn't much in terms of aftermarket right now.
3. Induction sound + Turbo noises.... STUTUTUTU. YouTube videos don't do the noise justice. I get a s***-eating grin every time I drive it.
4. I got a new job and promotion in a little over a year that doubled my salary, not including bonus and stock options (hence 2.) <--- main reason

I got TH coming, so ill start with easy ones
1. Looks nicer than the other trims and there is not that many options for upgrade just yet.
2. I trust FOX and EMU, dont really care about other brands. Having stock lift is perfect (maybe switch to high end shocks in the future)
3. Tech and Hybrid (dont care about people complain about Turbo charge etc)
4. Less work on upgrading small things in the truck, so ill rather focus on upgrade like Portals from 74Weld, and 35's or 37's tires.

my 2 cents

Thanks for chiming in. That all makes sense. Especially if you're only planning on focusing on the bigger stuff like portals after.

Just took delivery of my TH 2 days ago.
1. Love the way the bronze oxide TH looks, even with the sports bar (which is completely useless IMHO, going to replace it with a full rack at some point)
2. I don't have the time to modify my own Tacoma right now, nor do I want to pay someone to do it for me. Also there isn't much in terms of aftermarket right now.
3. Induction sound + Turbo noises.... STUTUTUTU. YouTube videos don't do the noise justice. I get a s***-eating grin every time I drive it.
4. I got a new job and promotion in a little over a year that doubled my salary, not including bonus and stock options (hence 2.) <--- main reason

Roger! That all makes sense to me!

Recent

Can a set of wheels and tires from a 4gen...
Does anyone know of any Tonneau covers that...
Bro, did ya'll see this??? Ford just announced...
Well got my TrailHunter and Geo 2.5 Rooftop...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...
hello everyone! I have been the proud owner of...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Ever since picking up my Pro it seems as if...
Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Has anyone added fog lights to a 4th Gen SR...
Back