What Percentage Is Your Window Tint?

Immediately after purchasing the truck, I went to tint the windows and so far, I am super happy with how they turned out! I initially ended up doing 15% all the way around the truck and then went back to do 50% on the front windshield. The rear windows come factory tinted a bit so the 15% on top of that makes it just about impossible to peer in through the back windows which is what I wanted as I often keep gear back there when traveling and would prefer for that not to be super noticeable. It can be a little dark at night, but nothing that makes me feel like I can not safely drive, and definitely helps keep the truck cool during the day.

Pavement picture: 15% all around, no tint on front windshield
Dirt picture: 15% all around plus 50% front windshield

Attachments

• 20240316_125713.jpg
    20240316_125713.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240329_133147.jpg
    20240329_133147.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 3
I did 20% on the front windows, 35% on top of the tinted glass in the rear and 70% on the windshield.
It looks great! 👏 the 35% in the back probably allows the front and rear windows to match pretty evenly I would guess. Mine is noticeably darker in certain lighting but oh well!

Waiting on mine... but I'll probably do 35% on the fronts and the windshield. That's what my current truck has.
You have 35% on the front windshield? How is that for visibility at night? This is the first time I've ever tinted my front windshield. I was nervous to do much more than the 15%

Good, no complaints since the rest of the truck isn't too dark. 15% is less than 35%. If that's what you're referencing? The percentage means the amount of light transmitted. So it kinda appears backward.

I think I see what happened. You meant to say 50%? If so, yeah, the 35 isn't too much darker, at least in terms of being too dark.

I thought you were saying you were planning on doing 35% on the front shield since that was what your current truck has and I was wondering how that has been because I was thinking 35% was darker than the 15% but you're right, I was getting it confused. 15% is darker haha

Recent

Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
Looking forward to taking delivery of a TRD...
Picked up my truck couple weeks ago got a...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Back