2024 TRD Off-Road vs. Upcoming TRD PRO: Key Differences

TrailKevin

The 2024 Toyota Tacoma introduces its fourth generation with significant enhancements across the board. Among the standout models are the TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro, tailored for off-road enthusiasts. Both are products of Toyota Racing Development, designed to excel in rugged terrain.

Here are some key comparisons Between the two.

Performance:
  • TRD Off-Road: i-Force 2.4-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder (278 hp, 317 lb-ft torque)
  • TRD Pro: i-Force MAX 2.4-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder hybrid (326 hp, 465 lb-ft torque), with performance exhaust for improved airflow and power,
Off-Road Features:
  • TRD Off-Road: Steel front skid plate, underbody protection
  • TRD Pro: Aluminum front skid plate, high-clearance front bumper that seems to be inspired by the viper cut , ARB steel rear bumper with red hooks, reinforced rocker protector, beefy FOX shocks, performance isodynamic front seats
Luxury Amenities:
  • TRD Off-Road: Basic interior features, available upgrades with optional packages
  • TRD Pro: Heated and ventilated seats, heated steering wheel, larger media touchscreen, upgraded JBL audio system, comes standard with (265/70R18), which is basically a 33 inch tire
Price:
  • TRD Off-Road: Starting at $41,800, price increases with optional packages
  • TRD Pro: Estimated to start around $65,000, includes premium features without additional packages

2024-toyota-tacoma-trd-pro-isodynamic-off-road-seats.02.jpeg.png

Last edited:
TRD Pros are cool. If you never want to modify your truck yourself. You could save like 20 grand and get a base model OR (has the important things like locker, etc.) and put all that money into mods... Just saying. Unless I find a crazy good deal, I'm always looking for an OR Tacoma. Regardless of generation.

TRD Pros are cool. If you never want to modify your truck yourself. You could save like 20 grand and get a base model OR (has the important things like locker, etc.) and put all that money into mods... Just saying. Unless I find a crazy good deal, I'm always looking for an OR Tacoma. Regardless of generation.
I have to agree with you on this one. The Pros look awesome but I'd rather spend the money modifying an OR. I just cant justify spending that much on a pro and then modifying it 😬 ......Unless I win the lotto.

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back