Seeking Advice on Power Solutions for Camping

Reaction score
Hey fellow campers!

I'm gearing up for some extended camping trips with my truck and could use some advice on power solutions. I want to ensure I have reliable power for charging devices, running lights, and possibly a small fridge. However, I've heard that some campsites restrict generator use, so I'm looking into alternative options.

Here are a few specific questions I have:

1. Dual Battery Systems: Has anyone installed a dual battery system in their truck? How complex was the installation, and what are the pros and cons compared to other options?
  2. Portable Power Stations: What brands/models of portable power stations have you found reliable for camping? How long do they typically last on a single charge, and are they easy to recharge in the field?
  3. Solar Panels: Are solar panels a practical option for powering camping gear? How much power do they generate, and are they effective in varying weather conditions?
  4. Generator Restrictions: I've heard some campsites don't allow generators due to noise and environmental concerns. For those who camp in such areas, what alternative power solutions do you recommend?
I'm open to any suggestions or experiences you can share. Thanks in advance for your help—I'm looking forward to hearing your recommendations!

View attachment Tezza-5556.JPG

Recent

I wanted to put together a thread of the top...
Received my 24 Tacoma Limited Hybrid about 3...
I have a new set in original box of Toyota...
Hey everyone, I wanted to discuss how...
Gary posted over on the 4th Gen Tacoma owners...
SCRAPES, DENTS, AND DINGS OH MY! One of my...
I'll have a more detailed thread post coming...
The new Tacoma TRD Pro finally comes stock...
Anyone with a manual experience REALLY bad REV...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Back