Shiftpower throttle response controller

Just recently had the Shiftpower-USA Throttle response controller installed on the truck while over at BeatSonic USA and here some info on the install, its features, and my thoughts so far!

Install: I personally feel like the truck has plenty of power stock but I have noticed a bit of dead space power-wise right before the turbo engages. This throttle response definitely fixes that and the install is a super easy plug and play install. Basically you wait 10 min with the driver door open so that the vehicle goes into stand-by mode and then you just remove the stock wire harness from the gas pedal and plug it in to one end of the Shift power wire harness and the other end of the shift power wire harness back into the stock pedal harness plug and then lastly, find a good place to put the Shiftpower button. They have good detailed instructions that do a way better job of explaining but nonetheless, its a 5-10 min install tops once the truck is in stand by mode.

Features: As for the app, it has a lot of great features and is also super easy to navigate and use! It comes with four modes initially (although these can be modified to whatever you want them to be) but the initial modes are Dynamic Mode (25% added throttle response), Sport Mode (50%), Super Sport Mode (75%), or Race Mode (100%) as well as an off mode (0%). These modes can be switched through either the app or the shift power button that's included on the harness. There are also 3 more additional modes that can only be utilized through the app and those are the eco mode, valet mode, and lock mode. The Eco mode is straight forward, it just helps with saving fuel. The Valet mode limits the vehicle to a 30% throttle response but this can also be lowered all the way to 15% through the app. And then lastly (what I find to be the coolest option) is the lock mode. The lock mode cancels all throttle response therefor making it great added bonus for theft prevention.

Below, I've attached a photo of where I had put the Shiftpower power button and a picture of the main interface of the app!

Thoughts so far: I have been running the shiftpower throttle response controller for a few days now and have put about 400 miles on the truck, a combo of both highway and city driving. What I can say is it definitely helps increase acceleration and helps the turbo activate more quickly. I have played around with the different preset modes, and I would say the 25% is mostly all that I use. 50% is fun here and there but the 75% and 100% are overkill for sure. The trucks feels like the whole front end is lifting up and taking off and really isn't needed. One downfall is it obviously decreases MPGs a bit. I've noticed a 1-3 mpg decrease overall in city and hwy driving when using the 25% mode, and I'm sure it would be even more if you keep it set at a more aggressive mode. So in all honesty, I've pretty much just have been keeping it turned off while doing city driving currently. It definitely works but personally I would like to keep all the mileage I can get before I start heavily modifying the truck and adding weight and I think the truck has enough power stock. I think once I start adding weight onto the truck, the shiftpower throttle response controller will be more of a game change since I am not sure how all the additions will affect how much power this truck has and might be nice for those longer trips when the truck is packed down. Otherwise for now, I mostly enjoy it for the theft prevention.

Anyone else have any experience with a throttle response controller? What are your thoughts on it?

Attachments

• 20240329_114929.jpg
    20240329_114929.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240329_113629_ShiftPower.jpg
    Screenshot_20240329_113629_ShiftPower.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 2

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back