The new 2.4L turbo-charged 4-cylinder

G4Rico

I know this engine is one of the biggest gripes for prior Gen Tacoma owners and others, but I personally couldn’t be happier. Before putting a deposit down on a 2024 TRD OR I considered a slightly used 2023 Tacoma TRD Pro. When I drove the 3rd Gen V6 in felt like it would take time to find a gear. I would try to give it some gas and there would be a delay between the engine revving and the car actually going. With my 4th Gen turbo VR I feel it is very torque and has quick throttle response. That is the big thing that won me over as it is the most noticeable.

Outside of that it has better MPG, more torque, more horsepower, and only time will tell with the engine’s long term reliability, however knowing Toyota it will be great. It almost to me seems like everyone who complains about it just wants to say they have a “V6”. Not many people have many solid points outside of potential long reliability. This engine has been in other vehicles with Toyota and Lexus and have done really well thus far. Some people also just like to hate the new thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think a lot of people don't know what they're talking about... lol. All the heads up I've seen shows the 4th Gen on top in this category.

Recent

Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
Looking forward to taking delivery of a TRD...
Picked up my truck couple weeks ago got a...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Posting this so we can share Bronze Oxide 4Gs...
Back