fitting 0 Offset wheels on a 4th gen Tacoma

Riley_monthule

Pictures of everything will be included below!

Recently installed a set of 17x9 Lock off road wheels and Arroyo Tamarock A/T 285/70/r17 tires and wasn't sure if they were going to fit so I thought I'd throw what I found up on here.

So this is a 32.7" tire on a 0 offset wheel and it just barelyyyy doesn't fit. At full steering lock only in reverse I can hear the tread catching the bottom of the bumper. The fix for this? Simply unbolt the fender liner from the bottom of the bumper, tuck it into the bumper and put the bolt back in. This seemed to clear up basically all the rubbing besides on just my passenger front tire sometimes at full lock again only in reverse I can hear it rub a little but nothing that bothers me enough to actually cut the bumper.

I also recently took this setup off road expecting to be convinced I would have to cut the bumper after but no! Pleasantly surprised even under full compression the tires don't seem to hit the fenders or rub even at full lock.

I will warn that while my setup does fit it is very tight. Talking a fraction of an inch in the tightest scenarios so even just your alignment being a little different than mine could mean you'll rub more and if you go to a full 33" tire with 0 offset I'm pretty sure you'd have to do just a little bit of light clearing.

Anyways good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_3393.JPGIMG_3392.JPGIMG_3418.JPGIMG_3419.JPGIMG_3428.JPG

Attachments

• RIL01760.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 2
  • thumby.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Ooof you’re playing with fire, I’d be too uncomfortable with that fitment too close for comfort but if it works for you it works for you hahaha.
Yeah for sure. That's why I did a slow test off road going through the range of motion. Seemed fine! and the only thing it would rub if it did would be the solid part of the fender behind the tire or the little piece of flimsy plastic in front of the tire that I pictured so really not worried. Would for sure have to do some trimming on any bigger of a tire if you kept the same offset though

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back