fitting 0 Offset wheels on a 4th gen Tacoma

Reaction score
Pictures of everything will be included below!

Recently installed a set of 17x9 Lock off road wheels and Arroyo Tamarock A/T 285/70/r17 tires and wasn't sure if they were going to fit so I thought I'd throw what I found up on here.

So this is a 32.7" tire on a 0 offset wheel and it just barelyyyy doesn't fit. At full steering lock only in reverse I can hear the tread catching the bottom of the bumper. The fix for this? Simply unbolt the fender liner from the bottom of the bumper, tuck it into the bumper and put the bolt back in. This seemed to clear up basically all the rubbing besides on just my passenger front tire sometimes at full lock again only in reverse I can hear it rub a little but nothing that bothers me enough to actually cut the bumper.

I also recently took this setup off road expecting to be convinced I would have to cut the bumper after but no! Pleasantly surprised even under full compression the tires don't seem to hit the fenders or rub even at full lock.

I will warn that while my setup does fit it is very tight. Talking a fraction of an inch in the tightest scenarios so even just your alignment being a little different than mine could mean you'll rub more and if you go to a full 33" tire with 0 offset I'm pretty sure you'd have to do just a little bit of light clearing.

Anyways good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

IMG_3393.JPGIMG_3392.JPGIMG_3418.JPGIMG_3419.JPGIMG_3428.JPG

Attachments

• RIL01760.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 6
  • thumby.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Ooof you’re playing with fire, I’d be too uncomfortable with that fitment too close for comfort but if it works for you it works for you hahaha.

Ooof you’re playing with fire, I’d be too uncomfortable with that fitment too close for comfort but if it works for you it works for you hahaha.
Yeah for sure. That's why I did a slow test off road going through the range of motion. Seemed fine! and the only thing it would rub if it did would be the solid part of the fender behind the tire or the little piece of flimsy plastic in front of the tire that I pictured so really not worried. Would for sure have to do some trimming on any bigger of a tire if you kept the same offset though

You are not lifted, correct? Also to note I see 8 and 8.5" rims more commonly so that gave you a little extra poke. I am about to put 8.5" wide 0 Offset RRW wheels on 285/75s Wildpeaks and my tire shop says no way. So we will see whos laughing as I pull off their lot in 8 point turns.

You are not lifted, correct? Also to note I see 8 and 8.5" rims more commonly so that gave you a little extra poke. I am about to put 8.5" wide 0 Offset RRW wheels on 285/75s Wildpeaks and my tire shop says no way. So we will see whos laughing as I pull off their lot in 8 point turns.
Haha I hope they fit! Mine are 17x9 so yeah that definitely adds some extra width. With the 75 I think you'll need to do some trimming but let me know!

I agree but I've been on two trips now using all the travel and hitting bump stops with no problems. Even if it does rub it'll be on that flimsy piece of plastic so I'm not worried.

Haha I hope they fit! Mine are 17x9 so yeah that definitely adds some extra width. With the 75 I think you'll need to do some trimming but let me know!
Yeah when I initially put them on they rubbed pretty hard in the back of the fenders. I have the larger rough country fenders that go over the stock fenders and had to trim them a bit along with the felt inside fender. Once I took my caster up to +5 they clear on the back and barely caught the front like yours. I noticed the people clearing 35s are using a 10.5" wide tire with positive offset. So going wide really limits your size options.

Attachments

• 20240715_151726.jpg
    20240715_151726.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240723_112753.jpg
    20240723_112753.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 20
Yeah when I initially put them on they rubbed pretty hard in the back of the fenders. I have the larger rough country fenders that go over the stock fenders and had to trim them a bit along with the felt inside fender. Once I took my caster up to +5 they clear on the back and barely caught the front like yours. I noticed the people clearing 35s are using a 10.5" wide tire with positive offset. So going wide really limits your size options.
How do you like the rough country fenders? looking at wider options for mine.

How do you like the rough country fenders? looking at wider options for mine.
The biggest difference between Rough Country and Nytop/Pro is that the RC wrap all the way down and under on the back side. I kind of like that but it makes it harder to attach mud flaps. Mine are already pretty beat up from rocks flying at them. I think they are pretty unbeatable at the price with color match paint. Maybe something better will come out but not a single person looks at them and thinks they are aftermarket. Real smooth OEM fit.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240810_162045-EDIT.jpg
    20240810_162045-EDIT.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 14
Pictures of everything will be included below!

Recently installed a set of 17x9 Lock off road wheels and Arroyo Tamarock A/T 285/70/r17 tires and wasn't sure if they were going to fit so I thought I'd throw what I found up on here.

So this is a 32.7" tire on a 0 offset wheel and it just barelyyyy doesn't fit. At full steering lock only in reverse I can hear the tread catching the bottom of the bumper. The fix for this? Simply unbolt the fender liner from the bottom of the bumper, tuck it into the bumper and put the bolt back in. This seemed to clear up basically all the rubbing besides on just my passenger front tire sometimes at full lock again only in reverse I can hear it rub a little but nothing that bothers me enough to actually cut the bumper.

I also recently took this setup off road expecting to be convinced I would have to cut the bumper after but no! Pleasantly surprised even under full compression the tires don't seem to hit the fenders or rub even at full lock.

I will warn that while my setup does fit it is very tight. Talking a fraction of an inch in the tightest scenarios so even just your alignment being a little different than mine could mean you'll rub more and if you go to a full 33" tire with 0 offset I'm pretty sure you'd have to do just a little bit of light clearing.

Anyways good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

View attachment 645View attachment 644View attachment 635View attachment 636View attachment 638
Hi, I just bought 17x9 0 offset wheels and I am looking around to see if 285/70r17 would fit without without a lift. Is your truck in the pictures lifted or leveled? Thanks!

Hi, I just bought 17x9 0 offset wheels and I am looking around to see if 285/70r17 would fit without without a lift. Is your truck in the pictures lifted or leveled? Thanks!
Mine has no lift. Completely stock trd off road suspension.

Recent

Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
Welcome Cali Raised LED www.CaliRaisedled.com...
I have close to 7k miles on this thing since...
Okay guys, I have been saving and waiting to...
Back