Resonator Delete (Exhaust System)

ahsoka_taco

If you’re not a fan of the large stock exhaust pipe hanging under your bumper, you can save yourself some dough and do a quick delete with minimal effort. NYTOP has one for $250, if you’re interested in that, here’s the link.

However, if you have a grinder and a 14mm deep well socket or box wrench you can diy pretty easily, just cut where you want and flip it on the flange, the holes are equal lateral.

Drop your spare tire a bit to make it easier to remove the stock exhaust at the flange, back off the (2) 14mm bolts and pull the whole thing over the axle and out the back. Bring the spare back up, you’re done with that bit.

I marked my cut location and cut through the exhaust pipe, and removed the hanger that isn’t needed any longer, but I did keep that incase I need to weld it back on. I cut about 2” after the bend, parallel with the ground once mounted back to the truck. I hit the cut with a flap wheel to smooth it out and put it back on the truck flipped 180° from what it was before. Put the 14mm bolts back on, just snug them up and alternate tightening equally so it gets a proper seat.

One thing I always do to make getting the hangers out of the donuts a little easier is put a bit of dish soap on the tip, and they slide out with ease.

Pics are attached for reference.

IMG_5744.jpeg

IMG_5743.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I did weld the hanger back on, not sure if it’s really needed, I did run a trail without the hanger and didn’t hear any banging, but why not. Polished it too for the razzle dazzle 🤘🙂↕️🤘

Attachments

• IMG_5768.jpeg
    IMG_5768.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5769.jpeg
    IMG_5769.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Recent

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost...
Has anyone seen or heard of the i-FORCE MAX...
I live in Arizona and I have talked to just...
What is the consensus on the rough country...
Hiya all, New to the Taco world. So far so...
Super quick and easy install today! Threw on...

Featured

Alright everyone I just did the first oil...
Shopping for a TRD Off-Road right now...
So I just did a pretty solid road trip from...
Yo everyone! Drafting up this post as a...
I'm not sure why you would do this long term...
Toyota has officially revealed the MSRP of...
Back