Engine Shake @ Idle When At A Stop With HVAC On

Taco Tuesday

Reaction score
Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost feels like a misfire at idle when the HVAC is on? If the HVAC is off - no shake at idle. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had their truck to a dealer to have the issue looked at and if so what was the "fix" or "reply" from the dealer as to what it is. Also curious to know how many people have and have not felt the shake. It feels like an engine misfiring on a cylinder when at stops with the HVAC on, whole truck shakes -it's very apparent. Moreover what really surprises me is of all the reviews of the new Tacoma out there, nobody has mentioned it in their review or it's not talked about at all, yet one differential failure from TFL is talked about by the whole world. I know I've read that others have noticed the shake as well.

Anyone noticed a distinct engine shake, almost feels like a misfire at idle when the HVAC is on? If the HVAC is off - no shake at idle. I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had their truck to a dealer to have the issue looked at and if so what was the "fix" or "reply" from the dealer as to what it is. Also curious to know how many people have and have not felt the shake. It feels like an engine misfiring on a cylinder when at stops with the HVAC on, whole truck shakes -it's very apparent. Moreover what really surprises me is of all the reviews of the new Tacoma out there, nobody has mentioned it in their review or it's not talked about at all, yet one differential failure from TFL is talked about by the whole world. I know I've read that others have noticed the shake as well.
I noticed the shake when I first got the truck but have not noticed it as much anymore. I now have over 2,000 miles on it and have not noticed it in a while. I have not taken it in to the dealer and the HVAC system works very well.

Mine slightly does it, nothing to worry about.
Thanks - I’m not “worried”. I’ve had many cars in my lifetime, nothing I’ve owned in the past behaves like this. It’s more that I don’t think that my $60K (Canadian) trucks engine should be shaking when stopped with the AC on.

Really for someone on a forum to tell me not to worry about it - not buying what’s being sold.

Thanks - I’m not “worried”. I’ve had many cars in my lifetime, nothing I’ve owned in the past behaves like this. It’s more that I don’t think that my $60K (Canadian) trucks engine should be shaking when stopped with the AC on.

Really for someone on a forum to tell me not to worry about it - not buying what’s being sold.
I don’t know dude, yours must shake bad then I mean I don’t even really notice that bad on mine.

I don’t know dude, yours must shake bad then I mean I don’t even really notice that bad on mine.
At some times as you described they aren’t that pronounced, but other times are quite pronounced. So much so that if just makes me more sensitive to the whole issue.

At some times as you described they aren’t that pronounced, but other times are quite pronounced. So much so that if just makes me more sensitive to the whole issue.
It’s probably just how it is, see if your dealer or FTS from Toyota can look at it

Recent

I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on a...
I recently had the chance to have both of...
Hi everyone, I’m enjoying the JBL subwoofer...
We should hopefully be getting 2025 Tacoma...
This trim seems to just be hitting dealers. I...
I take my 24 Taco off road a couple times a...
Gents, I got my TrailHunter and was wonder if...
For those who have a Trailhunter or who are...
After living with the TRD Pro Tacoma for a...
I just installed Morimoto’s new XB lights into...
Back