Toyota Extended Warranty - Did You Buy It & What Did You Pay?

rustytaco

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty simple questions. One, did you buy the extended warranty, and two, what did you end up paying for it?

7yr/125k $4500 US <-- Mechanic buddy said to do this, given its all new.
Dang that's pricey! But I can understand why you went that route. Literally nothing that won't be covered for the entire time a major breakdown would be worrisome. I'm leaning towards the 75k one around $1500-2000. Really depends on what I can get an ORP hybrid down to as a base price.

Dang that's pricey! But I can understand why you went that route. Literally nothing that won't be covered for the entire time a major breakdown would be worrisome. I'm leaning towards the 75k one around $1500-2000. Really depends on what I can get an ORP hybrid down to as a base price.
Assuming majority of cost is because it's a hybrid.

Assuming majority of cost is because it's a hybrid.
Did you try and negotiate with them? I know a few people had said they started at like 3-4k+ for the 75k mile one. After saying no and giving them a hard time on the price, they eventually agree to the bare minimum that they can swing. But given the bigger value of your truck and added length of the coverage, plus the hybrid, your cost is probably pretty spot on. I'm just always trying to squeeze the dealers, since that's all they do to us lol.

Did you try and negotiate with them? I know a few people had said they started at like 3-4k+ for the 75k mile one. After saying no and giving them a hard time on the price, they eventually agree to the bare minimum that they can swing. But given the bigger value of your truck and added length of the coverage, plus the hybrid, your cost is probably pretty spot on. I'm just always trying to squeeze the dealers, since that's all they do to us lol.
Kind of, they only wanted to give 7y/100k... got them to bump to 125k. I did omit their maintenance package, since I plan on doing most of the maintenance myself.

Recent

Does anyone have access to the installation...
Hello all, New to 4Gtaco but not new to Tacoma...
When these trucks were first announced, there...
There's no denying that the 4G Taco looks...
If you want FREE 4GTaco decals, comment below...
In the shop now getting a new driver side fog...
Have you tried different driving modes (e.g...
While I wait for my Leer Canopy to get...
So I am getting this intermittent ticking...
Back